For more on what this is all about, please see the About page.
In the year 2028, on April 20th, an alleged group of Occupy terrorists succeeded in setting of a powerful aerosol biochemical weapon in the New York City area. Hundreds of thousands died, mostly those in the Wall Street and surrounding areas. The economic disaster suffered by the United States stock market immediately after was felt around the globe, but relatively short-lived. After just six months, most major corporations had recovered largely, and regulations were passed almost immediately allowing banks and financial agencies to employ powerful counterterror forces with limited legal liability. Soon, these rights were extended to most major corporations in the United States. The day of the attack was popularly known as “FourTwenty”, and resulting legislation the “FourTwenty Act of 2028”.
Many in the fallout area, which reached as far as the five boroughs and parts of New Jersey, developed minor symptoms, but eventually recovered. A few people had strange reactions to the agent, resulting in varying physiological and psychological changes. The survivors who displayed strange characteristics were dubbed “Vapes” by the media. Many were quarantined into camps for study. Some were ridiculed, some treated like miraculous creations of God. None were ever able to return to a normal life. Most normals have taken to carrying gas masks around.
The perpetrators of the attack were never caught or identified. Their apprehension is a major focus of U.S. domestic policy.
The Wall Street area is still desolate, a mausoleum. The financial markets have moved online rapidly, adopting technology at unseen rates, and dispersed around the globe to avoid any further major attacks like FourTwenty.
The game will commence in real time November of 2014, which will coincide with November of 2028, seven months after the attacks.
Timeline of Important Events
- 1791 – Bank Bill of 1791 – This bill grants that a “bank of the United States” shall be granted limited legal rights in order to manage the national finance.
- 1819 – Trustees of Dartmouth College v. Woodward– the U.S. Supreme Court has recognized corporations as having the same rights as natural persons to contract and to enforce contracts.
- 1954 – Project MKUltra – U.S. government begins human research operation experimenting in the behavioral engineering of humans.
- 1962 – Operation Northwoods, proposals by Department of Defense (DoD) and the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) which called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or other operatives, to commit acts of terrorism in US cities and elsewhere therefore creating public support for a war against Cuba
- 1965 – Sir David Stirling and John Woodhouse, founded WatchGuard International as a private company that could be contracted out for security and military purposes. Creating the first Private Military Contractor(PMC)
- 1971 – Operation Snow White, the single largest infiltration of the United States government in history with up to 5,000 covert agents by the Church of Scientology, operatives committed infiltration, wiretapping, and theft of documents in government offices.
- 1972 – Tuskegee syphilis experiment,clinical study conducted between 1932 and 1972 by the U.S. Public Health Service to study the natural progression of untreated syphilis in rural African American men who thought they were receiving free health care from the U.S. government, but were instead intentionally contracted with syphilis.
- 1984 – Readiness Exercise 1984, a top secret program was created by the United States federal government to suspend the United States Constitution, declare martial law, place military commanders in charge of state and local governments, and detain large numbers of American citizens who are deemed to be “national security threats”, in the event that the President declares a “State of National Emergency“.
- 1997 – Erik Prince founded Blackwater, a Private Military Contractor.
- 2001 – Two planes collide with the World Trade Center complex in New York City.
- 2001 – The Authorization for Use of Military Force is signed into law. This authorization granted the President the authority to use all “necessary and appropriate force” against those whom he determined “planned, authorized, committed or aided” the September 11th attacks, or who harbored said persons or groups. Including citizens.
- 2001 – The Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001 (Patriot Act)is signed into law.
- 2004 – Anonymous, a loosely associated international network of activist and hacktivist entities is formed.
- 2005 – Blackwater contracted to do security in New Orleans and Louisiana following Hurricane Katrina
- 2006 – The Department of Defense acknowledges holding a U.S. Citizens as a detainee at Guantanamo Bay, captured in the “War on Terror”.
- 2007 – Erik Prince attended a congressional hearing conducted by the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform following the controversy related to Blackwater’s conduct in Iraq and Afghanistan. There are whispers of war crimes and CIA death squads
- 2009 – Blackwater is reformed as Xe Security.
- 2009 – US Army War College’s Strategic Institute releases the paper ‘Known Unknowns: Unconventional Strategic Shocks in Defense Strategy Development’, suggesting that the military may have to be called in to restore domestic order in the event of a massive social breakdown.
- 2010- Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission decision upholds the rights of corporations to make political expenditures under the First Amendment.
- 2011 – Occupy Wall Street movement begins, protesting the greed, economic disparity, and undue influence on governments of the “1%” using corporations as a personal liability shield.
- 2011 – Lulz Security(LulzSec) is formed.
- 2011 – Xe Security is reformed as Academi.
- 2011 – Anwar al-Awlaki becomes the first American Citizen killed by an unmanned drone.
- 2011 – Anwar al-Awlaki’s 16 year old son, Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, becomes the second two weeks later.
- 2013 – Edward Snowden exposes extensive documentation about clandestine Government-led operations that monitored U.S. citizens data and communications.
- 2014 – Minerva Research Initiative secretly works with Facebook to conduct a study entitled ‘Modeling Discourse and Social Dynamics in Authoritarian Regimes’ involving 700,000 unknowing Facebook users.
- 2014 – Burwell v. Hobby Lobby – a landmark decision by the United States Supreme Court allowing closely held for-profit corporations to be exempt from a law they religiously object.
- 2015 – Forsythe Securities announces $2 bn in revenue for the 2014 fiscal year, selling High Frequency Trading algorithms to Wall St Hedge Funds.
- 2016 – United States v. Sourapas and Crest Beverage Companyis overturned by the Supreme Court.
- 2016- Amazon acquires Uber for $84 bn.
- 2016 – Academi is reformed as Prince Security Services.
- 2017 – Edward Snowden is allegedly assassinated by drone. Becomes a folk hero and major rallying point for Occupy, which draws in a large hacktivist following.
- 2017 – The EFF issues a Freedom of Information Act request regarding Snowden’s death. The request is denied under exemptions, citing National Security concerns.
- 2017 – United States Chamber of Commercelobbying efforts exceed $1 bn.
- 2018 – Marijuana legalized for recreational use with a license on the Federal level, declassified as a Class 1 substance, due to the Marijuana Decriminalization Treaty with Canada.
- 2018 – Google attempts to purchase Forsythe Securities for a rumored $120 bn, offer rejected. Forsythe remains private.
- 2019 – Corporations given the right to decide hiring practices on ideological basis.
- 2019 – Law passed requiring people wishing to smoke cigarettes to obtain a license, public smoking is considered a misdemeanor. Public opinion shifts heavily towards e-cigarettes and vaporizers, which are shown to be non-carcinogenic.
- 2020 – Prince Security Services wins the bid to provide private police services to NYC, Boston and Philadelphia. The city police forces are disbanded. The police unions begin attending Occupy protests
- 2020 – Code of Federal RegulationsTitle 45 Part 46 is repealed.
- 2020 – The FBI classifies the EFF as a Domestic Terrorist Organization. Occupy organizes protests.
- 2020 – Microsoft acquires Facebook for $92 bn.
- 2021 – Corporations limitation on the ownership period for intellectual property lifted.
- 2021 – Prince Security Services is acquired by Forsythe Securities for $36 bn.
- 2022 – The “Patent Wars” begin, largest and most powerful companies coming out the winners.
- 2022 – Chemical stimulants/depressants/medications consumed via vaporizer become one of the most profitable new markets for pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
- 2023 – Lulz Security exposes documentation showing Microsoft using facial recognition to track the movements of private citizens in their homes via gaming consoles and social networks, and exposing this data to the NSA. In protest, Lulzsec and Anonymous stage a DDOS attack against Microsoft, bringing down MS servers worldwide.
- 2023 – Lulzsec and Anonymous are classified by the FBI as Domestic Terrorist Organizations. Hundreds of members across the country are rounded up that night. Their current location is still unknown.
- 2024 – Biotech giant Biogenitech announces a new vaporized product that allows people to shut off chemical receptors that get them high. Considered a “cure for addiction”.
- 2025 – Legislation passed requiring all US-based ISP’s to block access to WikiLeaks.
- 2026 – The Associated Press reports that Chelsea Manning committed suicide while in confinement. No further details are released, citing “National Security” concerns. Occupy organizes candlelight vigils.
- 2028 – April 20, the “FourTwenty” attacks happen at 9:18am. The President declares a “State of National Emergency“. The first major incident involving a Vape occurs hours later.
- 2028 – April 21, the Authorization for Use of Military and Civilian Military Force (AUMCMF) is passed by the House and Senate.
- 2028 – July “FourTwenty Act of 2028” passes, allowing banks and financial agencies to employ powerful counterterror forces with limited legal liability.
- 2028 – August “FourTwenty Act of 2028” amended to extend rights to all C-corp, S-corp, and LLC’s.